POSTED FEBRUARY 20, 2024
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing, implementing, and analyzing comprehensive communications and marketing strategies in order to strengthen awareness and understanding of Rectory School. They must have the ability to think creatively, strategize thoughtfully, and work collaboratively. The role involves time and project management, as well as writing, design, and creative work. Both thought leader and implementer, they must keep an eye on the big picture while implementing tactics that build brand awareness, attract more qualified inquiries and applicants, and encourage constituent loyalty in the form of retention and fundraising. The Communications Director reports to the Head of School, sits on the administrative team, and works in close collaboration with the Directors of Development and Enrollment. The Director of Communications oversees the Associate Director of Communications. Duties for the Director of Communications include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and update web content and interface with Rectory’s web provider
- Oversee the work of the Associate Director of Communications
- Manage freelancers and outside contractors as needed
- Create and manage communications budget
- Manage multiple projects under strict deadlines, balancing strategic and tactical plans
- Assist the administration in the development of Rectory’s communication-related policies
- Develop an integrated marketing plan that includes internal and external communications, outbound and inbound marketing, online and print collateral, paid and organic social media
- Maintain and analyze digital metrics, such as website traffic, email open rates, and social media figures; liaise with Directors of Development and Enrollment to understand their quantitative and qualitative goals
- Understand key audiences including internal and external parent communities
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the independent school landscape and how to position and strengthen the Rectory School brand
- Develop brand standards; work with departments, divisions, school offices, staff, clubs, and parent groups to ensure brand consistency in communication pieces that represent the School
Creative direction, content production
- Edit, art direct, research, write, design, and project manage school publications including The Rectory News, our annual school magazine; the annual report, RECollections, our monthly electronic newsletter; and admissions material
- Provide creative direction, copywriting, design, media purchasing, and project management for advertising campaigns
- Maintain exceptional online presence, including public-facing website and social media
- Research, write, edit, design, and project manage other print and electronic communications as required
- Develop—or oversee the development of—content for placement in all of the above; this includes writing text; photography, and video
- Write articles to enhance Public Relations, like press releases and articles for placement in education publications
- Serve as an information resource for administration, faculty, staff, and students
- Support the residential life program
- Coach one season (if of mutual interest)
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should be passionate about communications and marketing and be excited to work in a school community
- Minimum five years experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Superb skills in writing and publication design
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Expertise with new and emerging media and their marketing use
- Strong background in website content management and familiarity with social media
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and collaboration
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in independent schools
Competitive compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested parties are asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references along with contact information. (Email submissions preferred.)
POSTED FEBRUARY 12, 2024
Floral & Gifts OWC is hiring!!
Join our growing group of devoted staff, working to improve the lives of the individuals we serve!
We are currently seeking enthusiastic reliable and dedicated individuals to join our expanding GSE program located in Putnam.
Part Time 28hr Direct Support / Floral Assistant position open. Mon- Sat
Contact us to set up an interview!
OUR MISSON STATEMENT:
Opportunity Works Connecticut, Inc. (OWC) is a non-profit agency that supports people with intellectual and physical disabilities in Eastern Connecticut. We are committed to providing the best individualized supports to assist everyone to find meaningful vocational activities and/or gainful employment opportunities that fit with their personal goals. We work together to foster a sense of respect and dignity which enables our participants to work and live with quality of life.
POSTED FEBRUARY 7, 2024
POSTED JANUARY 29, 2024
CALL TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT TO APPLY
OUTDOOR WORK ~ YEAR ROUND
IF YOU LOVE THE OUTDOORS, APPLY TODAY!
WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER AND FALL CLEANUPS.
POSTED JANUARY 24, 2024
BOUSQUETS APPLIANCE IS HIRING!
FULL-TIME SERVICE TECHNICIAN
ESTABLISHED GROWING LOCAL BUSINESS WITH AN AGGRESSIVE PAY SCALE AND GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT.
APPLY IN PERSON AT
774 NORTH MAIN STREET ~ DANIELSON
POSTED JANUARY 9, 2024
POSTED JANUARY 9, 2024
HENRY’S DINER & VARIETY IN PUTNAM HAS IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR LINE COOKS: Full time and part time options are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner at their extremely popular and busy restaurant. The atmosphere is always fun and upbeat and there’s good pay for line cooks with positions available right now. If you’d like to join the team at Henry’s Diner & Variety, stop by anytime at 248 Providence Street in Putnam. Or, email Dave Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860-928-9300. Join the team at Henry’s!
POSTED JANUARY 1, 2024
WINY RADIO HAS PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR NIGHTS/WEEKEND ANNOUNCERS. DUTIES INCLUDE ON-AIR PROGRAMS, LEARNING TO RUN EQUIPMENT AND MORE. EXPERIENCE WITH COMPUTERS IS NEEDED. EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED. WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. MUST BE AVAILABLE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. TO APPLY VISIT WINY RADIO, 45 POMFRET STREET IN PUTNAM.